Good morning! I bet you can hardly wait for part 2 of the best dumbest laws I could find. This time some other parts of California and New York are on my list and I hope I won’t disappoint you.
- In LA it is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church. Breaking this law is punishable by a fine of $500 and/or six months in prison.The question is: Who is paying the fine and who is going to prison? The dog? After all a dog is responsible for his actions! And of course it’s even more intriguing to mate within 500 yards of a church than 501. Where would be the fun in that?
- It is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss in Pasadena.For women whose husbands have secretaries these are really good news. But just for those in Pasadena. If you live in Burbank … just bad luck! Maybe all offices should move to Pasadena. Plus most of the lawyers cause I’m expecting a lot of lawsuits.
- It is illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner in San Francisco.Darn, I really have to remember that the next time I’m riding my horse up and down the streets in San Francisco. One should always be careful to distribute the manure equally to several street corners! Don’t you just miss the good old Wild West?
- In New York the penalty for jumping off a building is death!Yes, you’ve read correctly. If you aren’t already dead, the rescuers and doctors will just keep you lying there, waiting until you’ve turned up your toes. Under no circumstances they are to help you! That would be a big offense! I wonder who had this brilliant idea!
- A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket in New York. Is that an ice cream cone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? (This one was obvious, wasn’t it?) And why only on Sundays? What happens Monday till Saturday? Won’t the ice cream melt as quickly on weekdays and make the front of your pants look as if you’ve had an accident?
- In Carmel, New York, a man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.Yeah, that’s a big crime indeed, to be punished with execution immediately! I absolutely agree! What would all those five tourists say if they saw a guy wearing a striped pink jacket and frog green dotted pants? What a disgrace!
- In New York, women may go topless in public providing it is not being used as a business.Hey, hey! How generous and unusually open minded! Just imagine all the women would go topless all of a sudden, just when another law states that it is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing “body hugging clothing”. Contradiction my ass!!!
- Also in the state of New York a license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.What an ingenious way to bring back money into the empty cash-boxes of a bankrupt state. And … I was just wondering … would you really want your laundry to smell like exhaust gases?
Well, for those of you who want to check out more dumb laws, here you can find them: www.dumblaws.com. Have fun and don’t break any laws! Or are you already crying because of all the laws you are breaking? Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone!